13 July 2011

Missed Oppurtunity



  Yesterday I was bored so I decided to do a little random flying around in my trusty Nemesis.  I managed to find an active group of pilots who were gearing up for something and puttering around in front of a station.  Obviously the battleship heavy fleet didn't have much to fear from a single stealth bomber but I did think I had a shot at popping a few of the smaller ships stuck between battleships.  I picked out a little flycatcher who was nice and far from the un-dock and looked to be stuck between some Abadons and unable to warp.  I setup a safespot on one side of the blob and worked my way to the other so that I could align...bomb...and warp away without too much trouble.  I successfully caught the group off guard as no one even bothered trying to lock me but I wasn't able to kill a single damn thing despite getting damage notices on every ship in the system.  In retrospect I should have locked the Flycatcher and target painted him.  Maybe I should have even thrown a torpedo or two at him prior to warping out.  While I hate to have missed out on the kill I am always happy to have a successful bomber run because there are very few things more thrilling in EvE then using a SB.  The run needs to be setup perfectly so that you are aligned to warp out, you must time your warp properly so you aren't too early (no detonation) or too late (locked and pointed), and you are in a paper then boat that relies on the first two things being done right as it's tank.  Always fun :)


-Meatay

No comments:

Post a Comment