06 March 2012

A Sea Change

I abandon the glory and distinction of such offices to those who like them. For my part, I abominate all honorable respectable toils, trials, and tribulations of every kind whatsoever. It is quite as much as I can do to take care of myself, without taking care of ships, barques, brigs, schooners, and what not.
-Herman Melville
   Recently I stepped down as the CEO of Night Thiefs and handed the reigns back over to more experienced hands.  I had good fun during my run and my guys made me proud for such a small group.  The corporation and many of my longtime friends are moving on and I will remain in Fatal Ascension.  I believe I served the corp well though and I am not leaving them any worse off.  So I feel good about my time at the helm.  I am certainly going to miss my comrades but it's really a good time to make a change in my EvE life.

  I feel a little greedy thinking more for myself than my compatriots but having placed loyalty above my personal -EvE- benefit several times in the past I'm taking an opportunity to do something a little different than I've done before and just sit back, relax, and play eve.  I'll continue to take out fleets and do some other things but for the most part I'm looking forward to simplifying things for a while.

  On the plus side, or the negative who knows, I've already managed to squeeze in a blog post with my extra time.

Still like the banner I made though

No comments:

Post a Comment