05 January 2010

Word of the Day


No, I'm doing a word of the day.  However, this morning when I got to work (half an hour late) I popped open my email and my friendly word of the day from the folks at Merriam-Webster is "myrmidon." 


 I've always enjoyed CCP's effort in coming up with names; ship names in particular.  It turns out that myrmidon means :
a loyal follower; especially : a subordinate who executes orders unquestioningly or unscrupulously
 I hope I don't look like an idiot here but I didn't know that one.

 This is a clearly a perfect name for one of my favorite ships.  It's no secret that this baby loves drones and most Myrmidon pilots will use them religiously.  Of course I don't think my drones always get the "unquestioningly" part as they often take off on their own, but I still love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment